Yoga refers to traditional physical and mental disciplines originating in India. The goals of yoga are varied and range from improving health to achieving Moksha (enlightenment). Moksha means liberation from the world of suffering (Samsara) and realization of identity with the Supreme Brahman (to live in God or in the light)
Yoga exercises are designed to resolve internal tensions (Samskaras) and thus bring out inner happiness. The exercise improves health in the body and increases positiveness in the mind.
Steps to follow:
- Jog on the spot, with your arms moving by your side. Visualize light, turn around and think, “I go the positive way.” What is the positive way for you today?
- Do the windmill.Straddle your legs apart, bow forward, turn like a windmill into the spinal column and think: “My goals are …”. What goals do you want to achieve in your life? Count up three goals.
- Do the frog.Bring your feet together. Bow your upper body forward. Move your butt down and the head (upper body) up. And vice versa. Practice the frog several times and think: “I have strength and endurance.”
- Use your arms and legs.Lie down on your stomach. Raise your left arm and right leg. Bring both back to the earth and lift the right arm and the left leg. Do this several times. Think, “I take things the way they are.” What will you take today?
- Involve your upper body.Lie in the prone position, with your hands on the floor and repeatedly press the upper body up and down. The head goes to the neck and forward. While breathing in and out, think: “I let go of my false desires.” What do you want to let go of today?
- Do a back turn.In the prone position, turn your pelvis to the right and then to the left. Your head must lie on your hands. Think: “I am sad because …”. What grieves you today?
- Get your feet moving in the prone position.The head lies relaxed on your hands. Think: “I forgive… (my partner / parents / the cosmos / God), that he/she… I forgive me, that I …”. Whom do you want to forgive today? Think these words until a feeling of sadness arises in you, of letting go and forgiveness.
- Perform cycling.Turn on your back, lift your head and move your arms and legs. Think: “I move in the direction of the positive. My positive thought today is….”. What makes your mind positive? Think of the beauty in life. What is good in your life?
- Do the candle.Stretch your legs to the sky. Your hands support you at the back. Visualize the sky, move your feet and think many times the mantra “Heaven”, until you feel the energy.
- Move into the meditation seat.Roll from the candle into your meditation seat (cross-legged or heel seat). Put your hands in your lap. The back is straight and the stomach is relaxed. Move one hand and wrap them and think, “I send light to … May all beings be happy. May the world be happy.” Stop all your thoughts for a minute. Relax. Go your way optimistically.
It is important to stay hydrated. To do so, drink plenty of water beforehand and keep water beside you while doing the exercises. If you feel lightheaded or dizzy, stop and relax for awhile.