If you have been reading this article attentively since beginning, you would have probably understood the benefits of oats by now. So, moving on to the other main ingredient – Urad Dal.
Urad Dal aka Black Gram is rich in dietary fibers, vitamin, and minerals especially potassium, iron and magnesium. It also provides you with a wide range other benefits including – Treating inflammation of joints and muscle pain, strengthens the nervous system, improves digestive system and reduces hypertension.
- Rolled Oats – 200 grams
- Urad Dal (Split Black lentils) – 50 grams
- Ginger-chilli paste – 2 tablespoon
- Cooking Oil – 1-2 tablespoon
- Salt – As per taste
Preparing the mushrooms.
- Add rolled oats and urad dal in a mixer and blend it to a fine powder.
- To make a batter of pouring consistency, add 1-2 cups of water along with ginger-chilli paste and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Cover it with an air tight lid and keep it aside for at least 30-45 minutes to ferment.
- Now using a small amount of cooking oil, grease idli molds properly. And fill the molds with idli batter.
- Steam cook idli steamer for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with sambhar or chutney