Spicy indo Chinese recipe of mushroom Manchurian.
Total times: 45 Minutes
Ingredients for the Batter (1 cup = 250 ml)
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- ⅓ cup water or add as required
- Salt & sugar as required
Ingredients for Mushroom Manchurian
- 200-250 grams white button mushrooms
- 3 to 4 small spring onions,
- 2 to 3 green chillies,
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped celery,
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium size green or yellow bell pepper,
- Salt as required
Preparing the Mushrooms.
- Take all the ingredients for making the batter in a bowl.
- Add ⅓ cup water and make a smooth batter. not too thick nor too thin.
- Rinse, wipe and halve the mushrooms.
- Heat oil for frying. dip the mushroom in the batter & fry them till golden brown. Keep these aside.
Making Mushroom Manchurian Sauce
- Heat oil. Add the spring onion whites and stir fry them for a minute on a medium flame.
- Now add the chopped celery, green chilli, ginger, garlic and some of the spring onion greens.
- Stir fry these also for a minute on a medium flame.
- Add the black pepper, salt, sugar and soya sauce.
- Mix well. add the fried mushroom to this sauce.
- Stir so that the sauce coats the mushroom well.
- Serve mushroom Manchurian hot garnished with chopped spring onion greens and celery.
- Recipe notes
The black pepper, sugar and soya sauce can be adjusted to your taste preferences. so is the quantity of ginger, garlic and green chillies can be increased or decreased with your spice preferences.
Nutrition Information (1 Serving = 100 gm)
Calories: 234 Kcal, Carbs: 36 gm, Protein: 6.11 gm