Indian flat bread made with whole wheat flour and topped with egg
- ½ cup wheat flour / atta
- warm water as needed
- oil as needed
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1 green chili chopped (skip for kids)
- large pinch of pepper powder
- turmeric as needed
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves few finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp. finely chopped capsicum or grated carrot
- Knead wheat flour with just enough warm water. Add few drops of oil and knead again to make soft pliable dough. Cover and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour on the rolling area and roll the paratha as shown in the pictures above.
- Heat a tawa or griddle until hot. Place the paratha and cook till golden spots appear on both the sides.
- Prepare eggs. Chop veggies finely. Break egg to a bowl, add veggies, salt, pepper powder and turmeric. Beat everything well until frothy.
- Heat the same pan with little oil, pour the egg and allow to cook on a medium flame.
- When the egg is almost cooked and little gooey on top, then place the paratha and press it gently.
- Flip and cook on the other side as well and cook till the egg is done on the edges as well.
- Serve egg paratha with chutney or vegetable salad.