One of the quick toasted bread recipes with egg that can be prepared under 10 mins. It can be served for breakfast or for evening snack. An easy way to include eggs in your diet.
- 2 slices of bread (prefer brown bread)
- 1 medium to large egg (prefer organic)
- salt to taste
- 1very small onion or 2 to 3 shallots
- 1 to 2green chilies chopped (pepper for kids as needed)
- half of a small firm ripe tomato deseeded and chopped
- pinchof turmeric
- few coriander leaves chopped
- oil as needed (1.5 to 2 tsps.)
- red chili powder (optional for sprinkling)
- Add chopped onions, chilies, tomatoes, coriander leaves, turmeric and salt to a bowl.
- Break the egg and beat everything well.
- Heat a pan with oil and spread it well.
- Dip the bread in the egg and place over the hot pan and cook until done.
- You can either pour the left over egg on the bread and flip it or set the bread aside and pour the egg mixture to the pan first. Cook it until slightly set and then place the bread over it and press. Cook until the egg is completely done on both the sides.
- Serve egg bread toast hot.