Egg bonda recipe also called as egg bajji or egg pakora. To make these delicious bonda or bajji, boiled eggs are dipped in a spiced batter and deep fried until golden. Chopped onions, lemon juice and coriander leaves can be topped over these and enjoyed. These can be served as an evening snack or a starter in a meal.
Egg pakora or pakoda can be made quickly, if you have boiled eggs ready. It makes a good addition to a party menu or a get together.
- 4 to 5 boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup besan/ gram flour
- 2 tbsp. rice flour
- 1/8 tsp ajwain/ vaamu/ caram seeds
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder (use as needed)
- salt as needed
- little turmeric
- water as needed
- oil for deep frying
To blend (optional)
- 1medium onion
- 1green chilli
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- Slice the hard boiled eggs and set aside. Pierce them with fork randomly, 4 times on each egg covering all the sides. This prevents the eggs from bursting. Slice each egg to 3.
- Blend together onion, chili and ginger garlic with 2 tbsp. water to make a fine paste.
- Mix together besan, salt, turmeric, rice flour, chili powder and ajwain.
- Add onion paste to this and make a batter using more water as needed.
Making egg bonda
- Heat oil to deep fry, when the oil is hot enough. dip each slice in the batter. Fry in hot oil until golden.
- Top egg bonda with chopped lemon onions and serve.