Corn cutlet recipe – Quick corn patties made with sweet corn, potatoes and spices.
- 1 heaped cup potatoes or 2 medium potatoes
- ¾ cup sweet corn (frozen or fresh corn on the cob)
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ to ¾ tsp garam masala or any spice powder
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- salt as needed
- ¼ tsp chaat masala (optional)
- ¼ cup bread crumbs or poha/ beaten rice(powdered)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Boil potatoes until just done.
- If using corn on the cob, boil them till al dente.
- Mash the potatoes well and add the rest of the ingredients except oil.
- Knead well to bind the dough. If the dough becomes dry, knead with moist fingers. You can also blend half of the mixture in a blender and mix with the rest.
- Make 8 balls and flatten them.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp oil and toast them on both sides until golden.
- Serve corn cutlet hot or warm with chutney or sauce.
Add 2 tbsp besan or rice flour to a bowl and make a batter. Dip each patty in the batter, place it in the bread crumbs and coat it well on both sides with bread crumbs. Set aside for about 5 to 10 minutes, then toast.
Calories: 400, Carbohydrates: 15g